Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wearing dress clothes=purple race car?


Every Sunday before church we have a battle with Austin wanting to wear dress clothes. Unless he has Batman, Spiderman or Superman on his shirt, comfy pants and tennis shoes it is an not a pleasant experience for the parent or child. I try to lay his clothes out the night before and let his choose between 3 shirts. That has worked pretty well so far. For the most part he still wears jeans to church and that is fine by me. Well today was Spring pictures at school. I had his clothes ironed and ready to go the day before. I was just dreading getting him dressed today so I showed him his new picture outfit last night and he seemed ok with wearing it, ...however when this morning came around he started to say, "it's too big", "I don't like it". I just wanted things to go smoothly so I told him if he wanted a new race car he needed to wear his cool picture clothes to school. He said, "a purple one"? I said, "sure". Please let me know if you find a purple race car...I need to find one today! I took a pic of him in his new cool picture clothes before we left the house. Good thing because he and his best friend, Ryan, wouldn't take their coats off at school because they didn't have their cool superhero shirts on!!





post signature

3 comments:

Team Hudkins said...

I have two purple race cars here. Tell him to get in the car and I well have the cookies and car waiting... Good catching up with you!

Jessica said...

that picture you took of him is adorable! probably cuter than any school ones would have turned out anyways!

Kayla said...

Zane just wants to wear PJ's everyday everywhere. I will make him put clothes on for school or church and as soon as he walks in he has to put PJ's on. So weird!