Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Vivian's cupcake party





We had Vivi's cupcake party at the house. We invited a few other babies from church and family. Kept it pretty small because I'm sure she will have all kinds of ideas for big, expensive parties in the future. I had a really good time decorating for a girls party. I definitely see myself getting into the party planning business but don't think I would enjoy it as much if it wasn't for my own kiddos. She of course loved her cupcakes...dark purple and hot pink icing was definitely not a smart choice. The purple was supposed to be lavender anyways. She got a nice bath after her cake eating and was all cleaned up to open her presents or shall I say mom open her presents. Austin has played and played with her Little People doll house we got her. He helps them go potty, feeds them, puts them to bed, etc. She enjoys playing with his cars more than the house :) We had to sing happy birthday twice cause the camcorder wasn't on!! Our friend, Jay, made a video of her first year for us. It was sooo awesome! I'm sure I will cry every time I watch it. I included several sappy songs and a few fun, upbeat ones. God has truly blessed us with two amazing, beautiful kids.

A cupcake party must have cupcakes...I ordered these toppers on Etsy, printed them and then cut them with a 2 inch puncher...they turned out so cute!




BEFORE


AFTER



This cupcake play set was a present from Christmas and was a hit with the older kiddos at the party


Austin with his cupcake


The food...the menu consisted of fruit, meatballs, tortilla roll ups, chicken nuggets (Chick fil a), chips and dip, pink m&m's, strawberry lemonade and of course cupcakes!












all cleaned up opening presents

Happy 1st Birthday Baby Vivian!




post signature

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Good job! Look like lots of great memories.

Jessica said...

adorable party! i LOVE the birthday name banner and cupcake toppers. i've been wanting to make some for camden's birthday. what site did you order from?

Natalie Hudkins said...

So precious! Please come plan my kids' birthday parties. :) Wish we could have made it.

Shannon Koeninger said...

I LOVE the banner!