Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Lots of lights





We finally made it to see the lights at Rhema Bible college. We have lived here for 3 Christmas' and we have only driven through the campus. We were always afraid of getting Austin out in the cold and just knew he would get sick. I know, we decided to wait till we had another kid and take them both out in the freezing cold...makes perfect sense, I know. We actually went on a night when it was 50 degrees so it wasn't too bad. Austin loved it and we finally were brave enough to get Vivian out of her car seat and let her have a look and she loved it too. Austin ended up with a cough and runny nose the next day but that is all he suffered.

Nick and I actually went to the see the lights in college when we had one of Kappa's banquets in Broken Arrow. Kinda funny because I am wearing a Kappa sweatshirt in these pictures.



Me and the kiddos

Austin wore this same bear cozy sleeper when we took him to see the lights in Chickasha when he was a baby. It was like deja vu.

Austin on the bridge...and a huge scratch on his nose. This is right before he had to go pee. We went inside the church gym and they asked me if I was there for the youth conference. I said, "no" and then the guy told me the restroom was closed that we would have to walk to the other side of the campus to use the porta potty. I really wanted to whisper in Austin's ear to just pee his pants right then and there. Yeah, I wasn't happy. Austin was a big boy and made it all the way home..no thanks to the security guard at the church gym!!








post signature

1 comment:

Jessica said...

the kappa banquet at rhema...funny memories!

i can't wait to take camden to rhema when we get to tulsa...it's a must see!