Friday, December 18, 2009

Austin's Christmas Party

Austin had his Christmas party yesterday which means no more school for 2 weeks. I plan to use this time with the kids to just be as lazy as we can! If you know me at all that will be really hard to do. I am home room mommy this year so yesterday morning I spent my time building 15 gingerbread houses. I attempted to make roofs but then realized the kids wouldn't care so I just built little boxes out of graham crackers for them to decorate. We also had games for the kids (two of which I borrowed from our church). I think next year I am just going to be a "helper" so I can enjoy the party more :). Nick came during his lunch hour and of coarse Vivian always tags along for Austin's school stuff.




We pretty much loaded them up on icing, M&M's, candy canes, sprinkles and chocolate chips and then sent them home!!!



Snowball relay race



Some daddy and sister support



This was the ball toss game that he decided to stick his head through



Decorating the gingerbread house


With his best bud, Ryan



Here are a few pictures of the kids I took today....I hope they stay like this forever!













post signature

2 comments:

Natalie Hudkins said...

April! Those pictures are precious and the school party looks like so much fun. You always were great at Christmas stuff! I was going to comment on the Rhema pictures. I can't believe you hadn't walked through it since college. Good times. :)

Jessica said...

those pictures of them together are adorable! don't you sometimes just wish you could freeze time with them?