Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Train

My mom and I headed to Dry Gulch USA last weekend to take Austin and my nephew on the Christmas Train. They were super excited to ride the train. I think they thought it was going to be Polar Express with kids in their pjs, hot chocolate and maybe even Tom Hanks! While riding the train they told the story of Jesus' life. They had billboards with scripture and pictures. People from the church acted out the birth, burial and resurrection as the train drove by. I don't think the kids understood but they enjoyed the ride. After the train ride, we walked around the Old Western Village that was orginally built to shoot an Old West movie. They had gift shops, music, bumper cars, go carts, horse drawn carriages and a huge playground. It was freezing cold needless to say but we had a good time. I am thinking about getting a group from church to go next year.

Here are some pictures from our trip.

Mom and Austin



A few pics of the village...doesn't really do it justice...it was way cooler looking






The boys




About to board the train



And of course souvenirs are always a must when you are with grandma!!


post signature

1 comment:

Tammy said...

We were planning to go last year and then decided against it after hearing a few bad stories. Since then, I've only heard good things. I'm glad you enjoyed it; I must put this on our to-do list next year.