Tuesday, January 27, 2009

No he didn't!!!

Since we were snowed in today I decided to clean out Austin's closet, the guest room closet and the hall. I was using a black sharpie to label some of Austin's clothes that we plan to loan out and stupid me left the sharpie on Austin's floor when I went to make lunch. It appeared to be really quiet and I just had a feeling he was into something he shouldn't be into. I walked into the guest room and found black marks on the carpet. At first I thought he was riding his car and something had got on the wheels and then I couldn't find him I so proceeded to his room where I found the lid to the marker. I then started to panic and found him behind the rocker in the guest room/soon to be baby sisters room. He had not only drawn on the carpet but all over his hand and foot, the window sill, blinds, wall, 3 riding cars and on the back of the rocker. You would think that I had left him alone for more than 5 minutes but no, he did all of this in under 5 minutes. His Nana told me he gets his drawing skills from his daddy.
Let me know if you any suggestions for how to get sharpie out of carpet. I have tried spot removers, nail polish remover, wipes, hairspray and will try Windex. I found all these suggestions on a sharpie remover website and nothing has taken it out so far.
After he realized he was in trouble.
The carpet...still can't get it out

Window sill...I used a Mr. Clean eraser to get most of it out but you can still see it. Any suggestions?

Wall...we have to paint the new nursery anyways so I didn't really care about this one.





9 comments:

Emily said...

Oh April. I just shake my head in empathy. I'm surprised the Magic Eraser didn't do the trick. You can try boiling water and a bar soap. That seems to get out lots of stains though I've never tried it on sharpie.

Anonymous said...

OH NO! In 20 years you will look back at this laugh, until then I swear by water and oxy powder mixed together for the carpet. Can you not wait to have 2 under your roof. Miss and love you, jess

Anonymous said...

I am laughing my head off.

MOM

Jessica said...

i can't figure out how to get spit-up off the carpet, much less sharpie. sometimes i don't look forward to these times that lay ahead for me.

Sarah and Brad said...

Oh my gosh...I can't believe that. Bless your heart...I know how you like a bright and clean house and work hard to make sure it stays that way. Oh goodness...I wish I knew of a sharpie removal trick but I do not. I hope you get some good suggestions on how to get that out and let us know what works!! So sorry!!! But, I think you have a budding Picasso...ha!

The McDowells said...

That first picture with him crying is so funny! Have you tried Murphy's wood oil (I think that is the name, Murphy's something). Macy colored on the carpet once with markers and my mom said that is what I needed to get it out and it worked.

April said...

I tried Solumed from Melaluca and Oxyclean last night and no luck. I will have to try the Murphey's wood oil. I might end up having to purchase a fairly large pink rug!

Gavin's Mama said...

Oh my!!! And I thought it was bad that Gavin wrote on the walls with crayons... I am hiding all sharpies right now!!! Good luck, I hope it all comes off!!!

Meagan said...

Oh, poor girl!