Friday, January 9, 2009

Jardine Cribs Recalled.....GRRR

What a pain to find out that your baby crib, which was bought 3 years ago, has been recalled. Austin slept in that crib for 2 years! My mom had told me about a recall at Babies R Us and being the awesome mom that I am, I completely forgot about our conversation until I received an e-mail saying........Entrapment and Strangulation Hazard, Wooden crib slats can break, creating a gap, which can pose an entrapment and strangulation hazard to infants and toddlers!!!

With a new baby on the way I definitely need to get a new crib. Jardine is issuing vouchers for the full retail price....$362 to buy a new crib. So all in all baby girl will get a brand new crib that hasn't been chewed on by her big brother and won't cause strangulation/entrapment. But you guys know how anal I am with wanting all her furniture to match. The changing table and end table will NOT match but I guess I just have to say oh well at least my kid is safe until the next recall.

3 comments:

Sarah and Brad said...

What a great deal!! While I'm sure it's frustrating...how fun that you get to go pick out a new crib for Miss Priss!!

I think I remember that Austin's furniture is dark wood...that would look SO nice with a white crib or whatever color you choose. Also, have you thought about having Nick paint one of the other pieces a color to match her bedding. Shabby chic and mismatched furniture is so in right now...she's going to have a gorgeous nursery..can't wait to see it!!

Melinda said...

You could always go with an iron crib...that way it coordinates with the furniture. JC Penny's of all places use to carry them in their baby catalog. Of course that really wouldn't help you with your voucher unless you can use it for other stuff.

Jessica said...

I have a Jardine Olympia crib...but I just checked and it's not my model number. Thank goodness. Sorry you have to mess with the hassle of finding a new one.