Friday, October 30, 2009

Fallin in Love with Fall

Since I am behind on blogging am I putting it all in one blog!!!

I LOVE fall!!!! You get to pull out all your comfy, warm clothes, make hot chocolate and cuddle up and watch movies!!! We had lots of fun this week with the kids. Our church had their fall carnival this week. I really like it better than trick or treating because it is indoors (nice and toasty) and all our friends are there. This year the kids are batman and batgirl/batbaby. I figure she will be a fairy/princess every year from here on. Yes, Austin had pink eye the very next day. I swear it was from putting his had in the bags of candy after playing each game! I think I will ask neighbors to hand the candy to him on Saturday night...yes I am a germophobe right now.

Me and the kiddos



Nick and his batbaby...she stayed up till 8! That's late for her.



Austin and Addi..so shy here



the girls



and the boys



We had Austin's pre-school Fall party this week too. I signed up to be homeroom mommy which is really the perfect job for me. I really should have been an event planner. Anyhow, the kids had lots of fun doing their thing.

This is the mommy mummy game. I asked the only dad that came to the party to volunteer instead so it was Daddy mummy. Very inexpensive, and the kids love it!


Austin's and his best friend, Ryan aka Luke Skywalker



Serious Batman



Yes, sister got to come to the party too!



The kids made these frames at the party



My parents came tonight to visit for the weekend...we made pumpkin chip muffins and let Austin decorate them and carved a pumpkin

I drew it, Nick carved it


This is a cute poem I sent home with my pre-schoolers last year...Nicks says it cheesy but I thought I would share it anyways

You are a Pumpkin in God’s patch

God picks you from the patch, brings you in,
And washes all the dirt off of you.
Then He cuts off the top and scoops out all the yucky stuff.
He removes the seeds of doubt, hate, and greed.
Then He carves you a new smiling face and
Puts His light inside of you to shine for all the world to see.'

And you my dear ARE a child from God!


Austin and his mimi



Trying to be Betty Crocker...not quite


Austin and his papa (my dad) yes, he is in his underwear but I didn't want him to ruin his costume before Halloween!



Austin's final masterpiece


Pumpkin Chip Muffins

4 eggs
2 C sugar
1 16 oz. can Pumpkin (there is a shortage on pumpkin this year...good luck finding it)
1 1/2 C oil
3 C flour
2 tsp.baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
2 C chocolate chips

Beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin & oil until smooth. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients to mixture, fold in chocolate chips.

Bake at 375 for 16-20 mins. (be careful if you have a convection oven they may need less time)



This used to be Austin's shirt...I know, she has no bow on her head :)

post signature

1 comment:

Meagan said...

I think Vivian and Evelyn have the same (or almost the same) sequin pumpkin shirt!!! I don't think that poem is cheesy at all (Nick)! We have that book and I tear up everytime I read it to the boys! I love it!!! Looks like a fun week! Missed you guys this morning!