Thursday, September 10, 2009

So Sad

So I had my first night of boot camp on Sunday night. Nick has always been so good about not calling me when I am out and he is with the kids. We were inside working out our abs (or trying to) and I heard my phone. I of coarse went to check the voicemail since he never calls. He just said to call him before I got home. I immediately texted him and asked if everything was okay. He told me to keep an open mind. I thought either one of the kids was sick or he wanted some "attention" when I got home. I then call him and he tells me that Austin got gum stuck in his hair and he shaved his head!!! I wasn't there to see how bad it was but Nick said Austin cried and cried while he was using ice and Vaseline to try to get it out. Needless to say, I am ready for his hair to grow back, especially since we have family pictures in October. Maybe I am being paranoid, but I feel as though people are looking at him like he is a sick child. I thought using gum as incentives for potty training was a good idea. Take a look. I took this with my phone at the mall yesterday so it isn't real clear. If you don't see many pics of Austin in the next month you now know why :)





post signature

5 comments:

The McDowells said...

I laughed out loud about Nick calling about wanting some "attention" when you got home. ha.

Austin is still cute little boy, shaved head or not.

Kayla said...

Can't wait to see the family pics! It is true. He is still a cutie!!!

Jessica said...

i'm just proud of nick for knowing to try ice and vaseline. i'm pretty sure i wouldn't have gotten a call like that, i would've just arrived home to a boy with gum in his hair that i had to deal with. so there's the bright side of it...the work was done for you.

Natalie Hudkins said...

Oh April. On the bright side, you will save money on shampoo...
It does make a pretty funny story!

April said...

Natalie, Austin still insists that I wash his hair! Whatever...it is starting to grow back slowly but surely!