Sunday, September 27, 2009

6 months old


Vivian was 6 months this week. I just can't believe it. She is growing so fast. I am so glad I decided to stay home to be with her this year. They are only this young once and I want to cherish every moment and make as many memories as I can. She absolutely loves her brother. If he walks out of the room her eyes follow him. They are starting to play together now. Austin gets in her play gym with her and they just lay there and play. He is constantly saying, "awe...baby Vivian so cute, I love her". At school Austin acts like she is his show and tell everyday. He has to make sure everyone sees her. She is still a very easy baby and content unless she is tired, hungry, dirty diaper or sick. She smiles all the time but is so quite. She giggles if you tickle her or blow raspberries on her tummy. Other than that she is pretty quiet. She wakes up happy and just plays until I come get her (or until Austin beats me in there and greets her first). She really is a sweet, happy baby. She goes by a lot of names right now...Vivian, Vivi, sister, girlfriend, baby Vivian, Vivster. LOL Here are some things she is doing at 6 months.



Wears 3-6 month clothing...size 1 shoe
Sits momentarily on her own
Rolls from tummy to back and back to tummy
Blows raspberries
Loves her brown headed baby doll...holds on to her pig tails
Chews everything (teething)
Pulls hair
Still takes a pacifier
Eats 7oz of formula at each feeding
Eats 1 fruit or vegetable a day....sometimes 2! Loves carrots! Hates peas!



She loves to watch this leopard ribbon on the lamp shade in her room...not sure why but the humidifier lets out air and makes it fly in the air so I guess that is entertaining?
Poops just about every morning in her exersaucer...a routine girl!
Still likes her bows
Will go to sleep on her own but we like to rock her for a few minutes and enjoy that time :)
Loves to watch Praise Baby

Sleeps all night 7-7ish...on occasion will get up for a feeding and then sleep till like 9!
Has had 2 ear infections so far...hopefully no more and no tubes.
Loves her bath...likes trying to catch the water when I pour it over her tummy
If she is eating her bottle she is very curious about whatever else is going on in the room...she will move her head back and forth making it difficult to actually feed her. We will call her Curious George.

I don't have her baby book up to date so at least I blogged about her turning 6 months!



post signature

4 comments:

Meagan said...

So precious! She is getting big wayyy too fast! You're such a good mommy documenting all of these things! Don't you just love Praise Baby?! So sweet! It always calms ME too...

Tammy said...

I noticed how big she was looking on Sunday as Nick was holding her. She is quite the little doll. I'm so glad you have the opportunity to enjoy her.

Natalie Hudkins said...

I LOVE her! She is so precious. I miss Praise Baby!

Jay said...

She is such a cute happy baby. I almost didn't recognize her in the picture without a bow!