Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm Not Wonder Woman

But God made me wonderful!

I started reading a book titled the above comment by Shelia Walsh a few years ago and never finished it! I saw it sitting on the book shelf and grabbed it today. It was just what I needed to see. It's awesome how God opens your eyes to see what he wants you to see exactly when you need it.

Since having baby #2, I quickly noticed that I struggle more with being on top of everything as well as I used to. My mom used to say how organized I was and now she says, "What is with you, you used to be so organized"? I know she was teasing me but I have noticed that my brain just isn't with it lately. I am sure it is due to lack of sleep and there has been a lot of chaos in our house lately. This got me thinking of all the pressures that are put on moms today to be the perfect mom. Read God's word, be intimate and a friend to your spouse, clean, cook, exercise, run errands, pay bills, play with the kids, teach the kids, be a friend, and the list goes on and on. Sometimes I wonder if something is wrong with me when I can't give it all 100%. So many moms and people in general are afraid to fail but we are only human. We can't do it all on our own, we need to lean on God and let him take control. The greater reality that I discovered while looking through this book (I only get to skim books now days) is that in between trying to be wonder woman and wondering whats wrong with me I have realized that because of Him, I am a wonderful woman! Just thought I would share this little enlightenment that helped me today. God is in control, so we don't have to try to be! I hope all my wonderful made friends know this!

post signature

2 comments:

Sarah and Brad said...

What an uplifting post for moms everywhere!! I struggle with the same thing...with only ONE child...I know it must be so much more involved with two. You are such a good wife and mother...you should be proud of yourself...and I know your kids and husband are proud of you! I'm going out to get that book...pronto!!! Thanks for this post...you're right, He is proud of each one of us and He the one in control and that is sometimes hard for me to remember.

Tammy said...

Great post. Thanks for sharing.