Friday, August 14, 2009

Great Wolf Lodge

the lodge



The fam



We decided to go to Great Wolf Lodge for our vacation this year. It was the perfect place to go with a newborn and toddler. It is an indoor water park/lodge in Grapevine, TX. It was so nice because we didn't have to worry about the kids getting sunburned, especially Vivian and when it was nap time we could just head up to our room. They do have an outdoor area too, and me and mom got a few hours of laying out time which was nice. There are other locations so check them out! http://www.greatwolf.com/grapevine/waterpark

My mom got to go with us and we could not have gone without her! Austin got sick on the drive down but managed to hang in there and enjoy the trip as much as he could. The lodge has this scavenger hunt that the kids do with these wands that you see in the picture below. He absolutely loved it! He went around the entire lodge looking for different things such as treasure chests, animals, pictures, etc that would light up or talk to him. The lodge offers story time twice a night and we attended almost every time!! They also have a craft room, arcade and salon for the little girls to go to. My favorite part was the room key is built into the water park wrist band so you don't have to carry a key around...so cool!

I managed to have dinner with several friends while we were there too. I had dinner with Jennifer on Friday night and Jess and Jay on Saturday night. I am so blessed to have friends who take the time to continue our friendship even though we are miles apart!

Here are some pics that we managed to take. We only took pics on the first and last day!


The four of us in the wave pool...it is so cute how Austin and Vivian are looking at each other :)

Austin in my hat



On jet ski...this is the toddler pool



Slidin



Austin and Big Bear


Austin with mimi and Wiley the bear




The girls...Me, Vivian and Jess. We used to work together in Texas.


Nick and Jay


Nick and Vivian at dinner



The five of us! We couldn't have made it without my mom.




We love bows!




post signature

2 comments:

Jay said...

We missed seeing Austin but glad we were able to visit with you all at dinner!

Kayla said...

very cute. I'm excited to go there! I remember seeing it on a commercial like a year ago and wanted to go. I wish my kids were so scared of water!! Maybe next summer!