Friday, December 12, 2008

Playing with play dough=free time for mom

So yesterday when I thought I was going to pull my hair out, I asked Nick to take Austin for 30 minutes while I took a bath. He cried at the bathroom door saying, "Mama, Mama, Mama" over and over. I finally asked Nick to get the play dough out and told him it would entertain him for awhile. At the time I didn't care what he played with...just as long as I had a few minutes of freedom. :)
This is his favorite play dough shooter thingy. He is really thinking hard here and using those huge arm muscles.
He is using these stencils to make different shapes. Uncle Matt taught him to say "poop" as it shoots out. Thanks Matt!

He was asked to show his teeth here...not as cute as we had hoped.








2 comments:

Jessica said...

don't you just long for those quiet minutes of solitude that seem so few and far between? i'm sure it gets even harder and harder as they get older too.

Melinda said...

Toys are so much cooler these days! And what is it about dads not realizing that moms occassionally need some quiet time? : )

As for Flashback Fridays...would love it if you could join us. No committment required, just post when you want to or when you can. The photos can even be from last year if you'd like. I expect to see a Christmas photo next Friday : )