Saturday, August 30, 2008

A weekend w/o Austin and some OU fun!


We are on day 1 without Austin. My mother in law asked to watch him this weekend and we thought "A weekend to ourselves would be nice". Then we started to try to remember what it was like prior to having children and we just couldn't remember what we did. I guess our life was a little boring prior to Austin. Today, I slept in, while Nick chose to be healthy and play basketball at the butt crack of dawn. Then we made breakfast and decided to be productive and I cleaned the entire house and he worked on the yard. I honestly don't think our entire house has been cleaned all at once during the past 2 1/2 years. I always have to do it in spurts. It feels so nice! Now we can have fun the rest of the weekend trying to figure out what to do with just the two of us! We will definitely be watching OU play tonight. Boomer Sooners!!!


3 comments:

Melinda said...

Lucky you! It must be nice. I can't remember a weekend we haven't had our kids. But it's funny because even when we go on dates, we always end up talking about the kids too.

Jessica said...

Hope you had a good weekend just the two of you!

Devin said...

I'm jealous! Hope you enjoyed your couple time.