Friday, August 22, 2008

To baby-sit or not?


So I started teaching pre-school this week! The first day was horrid, but that was to be expected. I think I am really going to enjoy it....I was blessed with a really good class and a good aid to help out. My dilemia is whether or not to continue watching the 1 year old, Connor that is in the picture with me. I started watching him beginning of summer to make some extra play cash. Connor attends pre-school while I teach but doesn't leave my home until 6:30 each day. The hardest part so far has been getting 2 diaper bags, my teaching tote, lunch and 2 kiddos out of the car and into school! That's a lot of stuf. Austin isn't napping at pre-school so when I come home I could rest while he naps but I have Connor to watch. He is an easy baby...he just poops all the stinking time! Yuck. Anyways, watching Connor is not a have to thing for me...I am regretting deciding to babysit him and teach pre-school. The baby is draining all of my energy and I can just see me trying to do both when I am 9 months prego! I need peoples input as to what I should do.....give it more time OR just stop watching him??? He is pretty cute.
Oh and by the way his mom is expecting the week after I am, so I won't be watching him after the baby comes anyways. :)

6 comments:

Melinda said...

I know this must be a hard decision for you. I will be praying for you. My input: how much energy are you able to devote to your own family after such a long and tiresome day?

April said...

Not as much as I want...if I could get that rest in I could do the things at night that I want/need to do.

Melinda said...

To me, your own family is your first priority and if you feel like you don't have enough energy to devote yourself to them whole heartedly...well, I think you have your answer. : ) Good luck!

Emily said...

Hmmmm...When I start teaching preschool, I'll be getting all my stuff and the stuff for two kiddos ready to go also. BUT I'm not pregnant, which makes a HUGE, HUGE difference! It's a tough decision, I understand. It's something to pray about for sure!

I just notices our boys are almost the exact same age, to the day. How funny!

Emily said...

In answer to your question...my kids are 20 months apart (Yikes!). Cason's birthday is April 6th. Kendall was born Dec 20th, so she's 8 months old. I found out I was pregnant a few weeks after Cason turned one.

Don't worry, you'll do great!

Sarah and Brad said...

Oh! I hate that you're struggling with this, but I agree that you already know what you should do but you don't want to let down Connor or his parents. However, you have enough to keep you busy right now and you are going to have less and less energy to spare the closer you get to having the baby. Keep your head up and hopefully you'll come to the decision with ease.