Monday, May 4, 2009

Bribery is okay

We have been trying to potty train Austin off and on for the past year now. We haven't pushed it and thought when he was ready he would show us. He started telling us about 9 months ago that he wanted to go on the big potty but was never consistent with it. Well, I went and bought a bag of toys at the Dollar Tree last week and Austin finally pooped in the potty! Who says you can't bribe a 3 year old? We do a lot of bribery in our house. This story may be tmi for some, but this was a major event in our house last night and I had to share the good news. He even went again today so hopefully we are going in the right direction. He won't be the only kid in diapers this summer at his pre-school and I won't have 2 kiddos in diapers! My baby is such a big boy now. I won't bless you with any pictures of the event. :)

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Good job April...or I guess Austin really. Potty training really intimidates me, but I'm pretty sure I have some time to prepare myself.

Natalie Hudkins said...

Way to go Austin! It's amazing what they will do for a Hot Wheels or a jelly bean!

Meagan said...

YAY! I hope the peepeeing comes easy for you. Brady has been poopooing in the potty all the time for some time now, but peepeeing is a little trickier! ;) Once it gets warm enough I'm just gonna put him in underwear instead of pull-ups...the wetness should discourage him...I hope...ahhh, joyous potty-training!(I have pics of the poopoo in the potty too, BTW!!!)

Sarah and Brad said...

How in the world do you think the rest of the parent world gets their kids to go in the potty?!?! If they say differently, they might be fibbing..ha!

Hope you guys are doing well. Vivi's announcement is precious!!