Thursday, February 12, 2009

Getting the nursery ready

Austin playing in Vivian's bed



So we decided to start on the nursery this weekend. Vivian will be here in 5 1/2 weeks! Nick and I are horrible painters so we brought in some reinforcement....2 Grandma's. We are so grateful that they were able to come and help. As most of you know Nick needs quite a bit of motivation/encouragement to start home projects and the Grandma's definitely helped me with encouraging him to get on the ball :) It was a good day and I felt accomplished. I am still waiting on a few more items to get in but here is what we have so far...

The new bed that has NOT been recalled :)
We did her accent wall in peach and the other three walls in a pinkisih lavendar. We used Mother's Touch paint so it was safe for me to paint. There were no paint fumes in the house!
Our dog Ginger wanting to get in on the fun


Austin helping Nick put the bed together


Austin painting in his pj's....after this was taken he painted with sponges on paper. I wanted to make certain he knew that we normally paint on paper!


Nana (Nick's mom) painting


Mimi (my mom) painting


Nick painting


Please don't use this photo as blackmail...I literally crawled out of bed and started painting













3 comments:

Jessica said...

that bedding is adorable. i can't believe you only have 5 1/2 weeks left...very exciting!

Sarah and Brad said...

Her room is going to be beautiful...I can't believe she's going to be here in less than 6 weeks..whoa!

Looking forward to more nursery pics. Oh, and you look GREAT!!

Natalie Hudkins said...

It was so great finally being able to talk today. The room looks great!