Monday, September 8, 2008

A trip to the mall with 2 toddlers

It seems as though all my shirts either have holes or stains on them lately and I keep having to trash really cute shirts! I thought since I had the day off I would go to the mall with Austin and I invited my friend Candice and her 2 year old. I had trouble deciding whether to buy shirts that I can wear now or maternity shirts that I will soon be able to wear after I blow up!
I have gone to the mall with both Austin and Connor (the 1 year old I watch) but I usually just go to let them play and then we do lunch and leave. Little did I know that we were going to have to take turns trying on clothes (the double side by side stroller doesn't fit in most dressing rooms), pushing the boys around, picking up shoes that they kept taking off, and saying, "leave your hands to yourself about 100 times". We only lost 1 sippie cup during the entire trip and later went back to the Gap and luckily Austin's favorite CARS cup was still on the floor. I was so glad to find the candy store which I have never taken Austin to...and bought 2 suckers which kept them both quiet for a good 30 minutes. I will now be packing Austin's dum dums on every mall trip. I am now thankful for the simple things in life such as laundry baskets (see yesterdays post) and dum dums. It doesn't take much to please me these days.

No comments: