Thursday, January 28, 2010

Car Seat Chat

We are looking at carseats for Vivian...or should I say I am looking at carseats for Vivian. When I had Austin, I only wanted a Britax because I had done the research and they had the best reviews. I know they are pricey but I have been very happy with Austin's Britax. Graco has come out with a new carseat that is quite similar. The prices are definitely a big difference. Has anyone tried either of the two carseats below? They will both fit a child up to 65 pounds, which I like. I am very particular with the carseats I use so any and all advice is appreciated. I of course think Vivian will look just great riding in both carseats as they are both pink and will coordinate with her outfits. :)

Graco My Ride, $159, 4 stars



Britax Lauren, $329 5, stars



post signature

4 comments:

Kayla said...

I am sure they are both just fine! I say save your money!

Emily said...

We have the Graco. My parents got it for us when we had Kendall and I wanted something very girly for her.

So far we love it. I say absolutely save your money.

Kelli said...

I don't know. I LOVE all the Britax seats we have. Is that the Boulvard? We have that one and I really like it but, I don't know if I like it any better then the Britax Marathon. I can't remember if they harness to the same weight or not? I am also trying to decide between Gracco Nautilas & Britax Parkway for my 5 year old. I am 90% sure I am going with the Britax because when I really look into it the Britax is just better (mostly on ease of use).

Have you thought about replacing the cover on your little guys Britax for a girly one. And maybe getting him a seat like the Parkway that can become a booster later? Just a thought.

Good Luck

Kelli said...

We have Britax and, like you, LOVE them. They are so easy to use. I think the one you have pictured is the Boulevard. We have on of those and really like it, but I don't love it more then our Marathon, which is a lot cheaper.

One idea would be to get a Frontier for your little guy and then buy a new girly cover for your little girl to put on his old seat. I am getting ready to get Frontiers for my 3 & 5 year olds - they are both currently in the Boulevards. They last until 80 lbs. and are good for 9 years!

Just my thoughts.